WR5 BLACK DIAMOND LTD
The REDS WR5 Black Diamond .21 engine is a 5 port off road engine based on the famous R5T Team Edition engine that has been a staple in the REDS lineup for 6 years. The WR5 Black Diamond is available in two different models - the standard WR5 Black Diamond that offers the REDS 5 port high torque power band, and the WR5 Black Diamond HE High Efficiency that offers low fuel consumption system and smooth power band for high driveability.
The REDS 5 port engine with a Black Diamond DLC Coated crankshaft has been improved. The DLC crankshaft can last approximately 3-4 times longer than a standard crankshaft thanks to the extreme hardness and low friction of the diamond coating. Even the conrod life is lengthened about 50%.
HCX CARB UPGRADE
The WR5 includes an improved HCX Carburetor featuring a Flow Improved Low Speed Needle and 7075 Aluminium Fuel Intake for improved tuning stability in extreme temperatures.
The WR5 comes with a Black Gloss Cooling Head which features an innovative design for improved air flow in order to increase the cooling and guarantee a low gravity centre. The cooling head is 10% lighter than the previous 5 port cooling head.Specifications:
- Applications: 1/8 Buggy and Truggy 1/8 Buggy and Truggy
- Displacement [cm3]: 3.5cc
- Bore [mm]: 16.2
- Stroke [mm]: 16.9
- Intake Ports: 5
- Exhuast Ports: 3
- Crankshaft: Balanced BLACK DIAMOND DLC Coated
- Front ball bearing: 7x19x6 rubber seal made in Japan
- Rear ball bearing: 14x25.4x6 Swiss made ceramic
- Carburetor diameter: 7.0 (6.0 and 6.5 optional)
- Carburetor: HCX Upgrade
- Weight: 345
- Cylinder System: ABC
- Exhaust Type: Rear
- Recommended Glow Plug: REDS T5C or TS3
- Recommended Exhaust: REDS 2104 + S
- Recommended Fuel: 25-30% nitro, 8-10% oil
- Break-in fuel: 12% oil